Parts Pre-order Service provides customers order components and saves them for their JLCPCB SMT service. Consumers prepay for the parts and buy the required components in advance to ensure sufficient components are ready anytime. Meanwhile, they can immediately arrange the supply of parts through the advance sale for their electronic products. The parts save in their own library, safe and easy.
Pre-order service accumulates different demands from people all around the world, is making parts need more clear and easier, therefore JLCPCB cooperates with customers to help complete orders, the order in large quantities, help win more discounts, and create maximum value and benefits for customers.
JLCPCB Parts Pre-order build up supply amid a global shortage
The shortage of components caused panic purchases，and the result of panic buying is the continuous soar in component prices. Since 2020, the production capacity of components has been insufficient due to the epidemic for all the world. Hardware companies in various countries around the world have joined in races for component resources. Meanwhile, the epidemic has caused more companies to arrange for employees to work from home, which indirectly promotes the demand for electronic consumer products has increased sharply. Consumer electronic products are the most suitable products for work and personal entertainment at home.
Strategy Analytics reported global consumer electronics market revenues to increase by 7% in 2020 News on February 4th, Strategy Analytics’ latest research report “2014-2024 Global Consumer Electronics Market Forecast” pointed out that in 2020, strong consumer demand for home computers, tablets, and game consoles will promote consumer electronics Trade gains reached 358.5 billion dollars, an increase of 7% over 2019.
Therefore from this point of view, the production capacity of components is insufficient, and the demand for terminal electronic products has increased day by day, which has increased component consumption. Due to insufficient production capacity but increasing consumer demand is continuing, leading many technology companies or the consumer electronics industry to start a global search for components to ensure stable production and operation. Coupled with the rise of the online education industry in 2020, many schools arrange students to study at home, and the demand for educational electronic products has also grown sharply. Components are downstream products. The insufficient supply of terminal products has caused many consumer electronics companies to directly join the ranks of competing for components. The lack of supply has caused global electronic businesses to panic, and components have also risen due to the situation, and prices have continued to rise. Many merchants are facing the same difficulties that they are pouring more money, but cannot buy it, so the emergence of component pre-order services can reduce the insecurity, help to solve the global shortage.
JLCPCB ensures Stable Parts Supply
A good PCB Supplier is expected to have a stable supply foundation: replenishing goods in time when demand increases; inventory prepared even demand decreases.
We are facing a global component supply shortage, although every PCB manufacturer makes every effort to ensure that its SMT service is not affected in any way, things are always out of control. Global production capacity cannot keep up when the world is unstable, the reasons many from the global economy, the global political situation, the epidemic, etc. The shortage of components will continue. What should we do?
Therefore, pre-determining components and ensuring a stable supply is one of the ways to solve the problem. As a PCB manufacturer, it is impossible to estimate or correctly understand the component needs of each customer. It is difficult to guarantee that there will be no shortage of materials. When there are many parts in stock, and a customer may order a lot at a time. It seems parts pre-order service make everything go easily. Customers request parts in their account, it is a private library. requesting and saving parts in the personal account, just take them out when you have SMT order needs.
For JLCPCB, when they receive the requests, they can understand which kinds of parts people demand. Meanwhile, when JLCPCB accumulates many orders from parts, they can have more negotiable advantages when they help to buy the parts from other parts suppliers, which has a large discount for the entire purchase. This is equivalent to a joint collaboration to complete a task. The component reservation can inform JLCPCB customers’ component requirements, accurate to the model and quantity. JLCPCB conducts global collection and purchase, and the entire purchase is highly discounted and easy.
JLCPCB reduce parts cost
Price discount is one of the advantages of component pre-order service. Since it is purchased online, all prices are open and fair.
Customers have a choice for whether to buy after confirming the price of the components. JLCPCB also implements a policy of more refunds and less replenishment for the pre-ordered components, so it’s worry less about payment is gone because pre-order service failed cause. As we know, the global PCB company has good service for both price and quality. They are able to gain more low-cost but high-quality parts from global components suppliers. And also we know the components from component agents or original manufacturers, there will be a corresponding purchase price. In order to protect their own interests, MOQ is a common method to components suppliers. Generally speaking, different purchase quantities have a corresponding purchase price. Only when the purchased quantity reaches the corresponding standard line will the price change. Component vendors will naturally give larger customers more favorable prices, while SMEs or individual customers bear greater cost prices. Therefore, JLCPCB is equivalent to providing a platform for the collection of component requirements. When it reaches the larger MOQ of component vendors, the preferential strength will be even greater. Therefore, it is not difficult for us to see that the pre-order service prices of JLCPCB components are more favorable.
How to use JLCPCB parts pre-order service
Step 1: Log in to JLCPCB
3 essential functions in your Parts Manager
- My Parts Lib.
- Order Parts.
- New parts request.
Step 2: Check the guidelines to determine if there is a need to use the pre-order service
My Parts Lib Instruction
- Customer can build their own parts lib for JLCPCB assembly service via pre-ordering parts, there is no inventroy cost when using for assembly orders.
- Inventory loss equals 0.03% of minimum package each year.
- Please consider the minimum required quantity and attraction quantity during assembly process.
- Currently, the pickup service is not available, the parts you store in JLCPCB can only used for assembly orders.
Step 3: confirm whether the component can be pre-ordered before placing an order
- Basic parts can be pre-ordered, minimum quantity required.
- In-stock extended parts can be pre-ordered, no minimum quantity required.
- Non-stock extended parts recommended to pre-order, minimum quantity required.
Step 4: Order Parts
- JLCPCB (80k+ in-stock components) +LCSC parts provided.
- Instruction for the minimum and maximum quantity.
- Pre-order parts at LCSC
- The components purchased in the LCSC mall need to be quoted and purchased.
- There is a minimum order quantity requirement.
Step 5: Payment
After the purchase is completed, you can view the corresponding record and delivery description on the shopping cart, click secure checkout to pay.
- JLCPCB will email the pre-order customers when the quote is ready to check the price, leading time, etc.
- The order is kept in the shopping cart for 1 hour, and the payment will be automatically canceled if the payment is overdue; when the customer is added to the shopping cart and has not paid, the system will have an email reminder (the link in the email will go to the private library page)
- Please note that those parts are only used for your SMT orders, so they won’t be shipped separately.
- Please complete the payment within one hour, or the order will be canceled automatically because the parts’ inventory may change each second.
Step 6: Confirmation
- Check the status of the ordered parts in the ” Parts Order History ” page.
- For in-stock items, the parts will usually be shown in your own library immediately after you make the payment.
- For the pre-order items, the exact price will be confirmed within 48 hours after the initial payment is done. Money will be refunded or will need to be refilled, depending on the final quotation.
Step 7: Cancellation
- After the customer canceled the order, the refund record and actual effect can be viewed on the part order history page.
Step 8: Making new parts request
- Making a new part request is a little bit different from the pre-order service, which needs to submit a request, once the “new parts request” is approved, then you can pre-order them.
- Click “Submit a Request” to request adding new parts for assembly.
- Working hours: Mon. – Sat. 9 am – 6 pm GTM+8
- The review will be completed in 2 hours when working hours.
- The approved parts will be available the next business day.
- You can apply for the new parts request, when the new parts request is approved, you can pre-order the parts you requested.
- If your request is not approved, go to the page to make a personal request in detail, the information needed as follow(must require):
- MFR PART= Original model
- Footprint = footprint
- MFR# = brand
- PACKAGE=Packing method (tape, pallet, bag, tube, box)
- Datasheet = Package Manual