Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. In this tutorial, I am going to give you a detailed Introduction to MATLAB. I will explain in detail, step by step procedure of using MATLAB for the first time. First of all, I would like to tell you a bit about the MATLAB software. MATLAB basically works on matrices and it is an excellent software for different kinds of simulation based projects as well as hardware based projects and specially, it is good for the Engineering Projects.MATLAB can be used for the manipulation purpose in order to obtain the proper results. It is very easy to use this software and most of the students prefer to use this software for their projects. So, this shows that MATLAB is a user friendly software as well. MATLAB has a very wide range of applications. It can also be used for the real time projects. Robotics, image processing and medical related projects are its major applications. You should also have a look at How to Create GUI in MATLAB. So, let's get started with Introduction to MATLAB:
Introduction to MATLABSo, in the Introduction to MATLAB, I will show you the step by step procedure about how to use the MATLAB software for the first time.
- As you open the MATLAB software, a new window will be appeared on your screen.
- The window is shown in the figure below.
- The above window is the starting window which appears on the screen when you open the MATLAB.
- After sometime, you will be able to see another window on the screen.
- The second window is shown in the figure below.
Sections of MATLAB[ultimate_spacer height="10"]There are six basic section of the MATLAB and understanding them is essential part of Introduction to MATLAB. The names of all of these sections are given below.
- Current Folder
- Command Window
- Command History
- View or Change Directory
- Help Section
- The current folder section is shown in the figure below.
- The command window section is shown in the figure below.
- Workspace section is shown in the figure below.
- The command history section is shown in the figure below.
- Directory box is shown in the figure below.
- The button to open the help section is shown in the figure below.
- As you press this button a new named as help will be appeared on your screen to help you.
- The help window is shown in the figure below.
- So that was the brief discussion about how to getting started with the MATLAB.