Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to provide a detailed discussion on Introduction to LM258. LM-258 has two internal Operational Amplifiers (Op-amps) which are frequency compensated internally. They are specially designed to perform their tasks from a single power supply source using a wide range of voltages. They can also perform different operations using split power supply. LM-258 low power supply current drain does not depend upon the magnitude of the power supply source.
LM 258 has a lot of features including high DC voltage gain, large bandwidth, different input voltage equal to power supply, large output voltage swing, common mode input voltages include ground. These were the few of major features associated with LM-258 operational amplifier. LM 258 has a very wide range of real life applications. Its applications include DC gain blocks, transducer amplifiers, operational amplifiers circuits which can be implemented using single power supply source. LM-258 can be directly used with a voltage supply of 3.3V which is the most common voltage standard in digital systems. The further detail about LM-258 will be given later in this section.
Introduction to LM258
LM258 has two builtin internal operational amplifiers. These are internally frequency compensated. It can be operated with a single power supply source as well as from split power supply sources. Its low current drain is independent of the magnitude of the power supply. Wide voltage ranges and large output swing are some of its major features. DC gain blocks and transducer amplifiers are the example of its real life applications. LM-258 is shown in the figure shown below.
1. LM258 Pins
- LM-258 has total eight pins having different individual functions.
- All of these pins are listed in chronological order in the table shown in the figure given below.
2. LM258 Pins Description
- Each of the pin has different individual functions and we should know about each function.
- LM 258 pins functions are given in the table shown in the figure below.
3. LM258 Pinout
- Pinout diagram of the electronic device provides better understanding about its pins configurations for its proper usage.
- LM 258 pinout diagram is given in the figure shown below.
4. LM258 Packages
- Packages are designed to present the different models of a same device.
- LM 258 packages are shown in the table given in the figure below.
5. LM258 Packages Dimensions
- Usually the different dimensions are given to the different packages.
- LM 258 packages dimensions along with their units, are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
6. LM258 Symbolic Diagram
- The symbolic representation shows the internal structure of the particular device.
- LM 258 symbolic representation is shown in the figure given below.
7. LM258 Ratings
- The ratings of a device show the amount of voltage/current/power required by that particular electronic device.
- LM 258 ratings are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
8. LM258 Features
- The features can make a device popular in the market due to their uniqueness.
- LM 258’s few of the main features are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
9. LM258 Applications
- LM 258 has a lot of real life applications.
- Some of the common applications are given in the table shown in the figure below.
In the tutorial Introduction to LM258 I have provided almost all the necessary information about the usage of LM-258 IC. The whole discussion has provided the details about pins configuration, packages & dimensions, features application and a lot more about this particular IC. I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any kind of problem you can ask us in comments anytime. Our team will always be there to help you. I will share detailed discussion on different integrated circuits as well in my upcoming tutorials. Till then take care 🙂