Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to share my knowledge on Introduction to LM348. LM-348 i basically a General Purpose (GP) Operational Amplifier. It is an independent and quadruple operational amplifier. LM 348 has similar characteristics in comparison to uA741. It is an internally compensated amplifier having high gain.
LM-348 has four internal amplifiers. We can achieve isolation between these amplifiers by biasing each of the amplifier independently. This isolation can be done using different techniques e.g. layout technique. It can be used at several different places where amplifier matching is needed. LM 348 has very low supply current drain as compared to the standard 741. Moreover, Its input voltage and input offset current is also lesser than the general 741. It has different features like no crossover distortion, low input offset voltage, low input offset current. input overload protection, output overload protection etc. It can be used at any place where there is a need of amplifier matching. The further detail about LM-348 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM348
LM348 is basically a general purpose operational amplifier having four internal builtin amplifiers. It consists of four internal builtin amplifiers. These amplifiers are biased with a separate power supply and they can be isolated using layout technique. It provides high gain. It has different features including low input offset voltage, low input offset current, input and output overload protection etc. It can used anywhere, where there is a need of amplifier matching. LM-348 is shown in the figure below.
1. LM348 Pins
- LM 348 operational amplifier has total fourteen pins (14) having different individual function.
- LM-348 all pins are provided in the table shown in the figure below.s
2. LM348 Pins Description
- The different tasks are assigned to each of the 14 pins.
- The description of each pin is provided in the table shown in the figure below.
3. LM348 Pinout
- We can not use any electronic device until we do not know about its pin configurations.
- In order to understand pin configurations we must read its pinout diagram.
- LM-348 completely labeled pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. LM348 Packages
- If a company introduces the different models of the same device.
- These models can be differentiated from each other on the basis of their properties and dimensions as well.
- They are usually known as the packages of that particular device.
- LM 348 all the packages are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
5. LM348 Internal Amplifier
- LM-348 has four internal builtin amplifiers, they are separately biased in order to work independently.
- LM 348 internal amplifier is shown in the figure below.
6. LM348 Symbolic Representation
- Symbolic form of a device basically used to show the internal structure of that particular device.
- Since, LM 348 has four internal builtin amplifiers, so they are shown in the figure below.
7. LM348 Schematic
- Schematic representation shows the internal flow of the functions followed by an equipment.
- LM-348 schematic diagram is shown in the figure below.
8. LM348 Ratings
- To estimate the amount of power required by the specific device we must take help from somewhere, before using that device.
- The ratings of an equipment can help us to estimate its power requirements.
- LM-348 ratings are shown in the figure given below.
9. LM348 Features
- Features make a device popular and different from all the other devices.
- LM 348 major features are listed in the table shown below.
10. LM348 Applications
Most of the time a device is known on the basis of its real life applications, so applications play a very important role in the importance and performance of that device.
- LM-348 operational amplifier can be used anywhere, where there is a need of amplifier matching.
The tutorial Introduction to LM348, consist of a detailed discussion about the typical starting use of LM-348 a high gain general purpose amplifier. The main purpose of this article is to help the new user of this device. I hope, that they will have a better understanding about the use of LM 348, after going through this article, and they will surely be able to use this device easily. If anyone of you found something missing in this article, then please let me know so that I can update this tutorial for further ease. I will share the similar basic information about other electronic devices as well, in my later tutorials. So, till then take care & bye 🙂