Introduction to TIP3055
- TIP3055 is a silicon epitaxial-ignoble NPN transistor, which is assembled in TO-218 malleable parcels. It is the best device for power swapping circuits, parallel and series controllers (regulators), output phases and high power amplifiers.
- It is prevailing in TO-247 pouring and it frequently used varied amplifiers initiatives.
- This module uses moderate power during its working, it uses 70 voltage across emitter and collector. It consumes fifteen amperes of current at the collector.
- It is the finest option for advanced steadfastness audile amplifier output point.
- This component has termination voltage Vceo (IB =0) 60 volts.
- It has a unique extensive liability and particular excellence formation.
- Its Stowage temperature is -65 to 150 C and maximum working intersection temperature is 150 C.
Pinout of TIP3055
- These are the main pinout TIP3055 which are well-defined beneath.
- Lest see a diagram of the pinout.
Pin# Type Parameters Pin#1 Emitter The emitter is for an external drive of current. Pin#2 Base The base administers the biasing of the transistor. It vagaries the state of the transistor. Pin#3 Collector The collector is for the current inside drive. It is related to the load.
Entire Maximum Ratings of TIP3055Now we discuss the rating parameters of TIP3055.
Now we discuss the electrical characteristics of TIP3055.
|VCBO||100 V||The voltage across collector and emitter (IE = 0).|
|VCER||70 V||The voltage across emitter and collector (RBE = 100 Ω).|
|VCEO||60 V||The voltage across emitter and collector at (IB = 0).|
|VEBO||7 V||The voltage across the collector and base (IC = 0).|
|IC||15 A||The current value at the collector.|
|IB||7 A||The value of current at the base terminal.|
|Ptot||90W||Dissipation power at Tc ≤25°C.|
|Tstg||-65 to 150 C||Storing temperature.|
|TJ||150 C||Maximum Working intersection temperature.|
Electrical characteristicsThese are some important electrical characteristics.
VCE = 100 V
TC = 150 C
|The value of collector cut-off current (VBE = -1.5 V).|
|ICEO||VCE = 30 V||The value of collector cut-off current (IB = 0).|
|IEBO||VEB = 7 V||The value of emitter cut-off current (IC = 0).|
|VCEO||IC = 200 mA||Collector-emitter supporting voltage (IB = 0).|
|VCER||IC = 200 mA||Collector-emitter supporting voltage (RBE = 100 Ω)|
IC = 4 A
IB = 400mA
IC = 10 A
IB = 3.3 A
Collector-emitter permeation voltage.
|VBE||Ic=4A VCE = 4 V||It is the voltage across base and emitter.|
IC = 4 A
IC = 10 A
VCE = 4 V 20
VCE = 4 V 5
|It is DC current gain.|
Working of TIP3055
- Now we discuss the working of TIP3055 by a circuit. The corresponding circuit components and its connection are explained below let's discuss them with the details.
- This is the circuit of amplification of power in which I used TIP3055 and TIP2955 transistors as amplifiers which provides power up to 140RMS.
- This circuit is manufactured miniature and very modest, the bulwark portion is prepared by using IC ua741 or LM741 as op-amp.
- The ultimate transistor I have stated using TIP3055 and TIP2955 transistors, or you can elevate by adding some transistors or also swap with higher output power, for example using 2SC5200 and 2SA1943.
- We can power this circuit by balanced 45V voltage, power circuit arrangement and also PCB Layout are shown in the given diagram.
- The components which I used in this circuit is explained below with their rating values.
- R1=100K, R2=1k, R3=1K, R4=15K, R5=15K, R6=1K, R7=47R, R8=47R, R9=47R, R10=470R, R11=470R, R12=47R, R13=0, 22 - 0, 5R/5W, R14=0, 22 - 0, 5R/5W R15=56K, C1=220N, C2=100u/25V, C3=220u/25V, C4=220u/25V, C5=33p, C6=22p, RV1=TRIMMER 500R RV2=POTENTIOMETER 50K U1=LM741 / UA741 Q1=TIP41 Q2=TIP42 Q3=TIP2955/2N2955 Q4=TIP3055/2N3055
- If this amplifer circuit is not working properly then you should check input voltage.
- Output speaker has DC voltage whining, please regulate the trimmer RV1 till the DC Voltage comes out.
Applications of TIP3055
- These are some important applications of TIP3055.
- It is universal persistence transistor it can be used in different industrial projects.
- It is used as an Acoustic Amplifier.