Hi everyone! Hope you’re well today. I welcome you on board. In this post today, I’ll walk you through the Introduction to P6KE220A.
The P6KE200A is a transient voltage suppressor (TVS) diode that uses clamping action to provide circuit protection against overvoltage. It is widely used in low voltage supplied ICs and MOS technology due it quick and rapid response to the transient overvoltages. For P6KE200A the clamping voltage is 246V and the breakdown voltage is ranged from 190V to 210V.
I suggest you read this entire post till the end as I’ll detail the complete introduction to P6KE200A covering datasheet, pinout, features equivalents, and applications of this component P6KE200A.
Introduction to P6KE200A
- The P6KE200A is a transient voltage suppressor (TVS) device mainly used to cancel the overvoltage effects on the electrical circuits and semiconductor materials. It is applied to nullify the overvoltage effects in MOS technology and low voltage supplied ICs.
- P6KE200A is connected in parallel with the electrical circuit that needs to be protected against the overvoltage.
- For unidirectional functioning, you can identify the cathode side with a grey color band on it while the other side is the anode.
- For bi-directional functioning, however, this diode comes with the same characteristics in both negative and positive directions, hence, in that case, it doesn’t matter how you install this component into your project.
- I-V characteristics of the P6KE200A is given below.
- In P6KE200A, P6KE is known as the series name, 200 defines the diode operating voltage, while A means unidirectional.
Before applying this component into your electrical project, it’s better to go through the datasheet of the component that details the main characteristics of the device.
You can download the datasheet of p6ke200a by clicking the link below.
The following figure shows the pinout diagram of P6KE200A.
- This tiny component is a two-pin device composed of two terminals called anode and cathode. The anode side is positive and the cathode side is negative.
- The current leaves the diode from the cathode side and it enters the diode from the anode terminal.
The following are the features of P6KE200A.
- Working Voltage = 171 V
- Glass P6KE200Assivated junction
- Halogen-Free and RoHS compliant
- 600W peak pulse caP6KE200Ability at 10Ã
- Operating Temperature Range = -65 to 175 °C
- Breakdown Voltage = 190V to 210V
- Low incremental surge resistance
- High-temperature soldering guaranteed: 265Â°C./10 seconds/
- Current – Peak Pulse = 2.2A
- Case P6KE200Ackaging = DO-204AC
- Clamping Voltage = 274 V
- Excellent clamping caP6KE200Ability
- Fast response time: typically less than 1.0ps
P6KE180A is an alternative to P6KE200A.
Other TVS diodes that can replace P6KE200A are SM712, SRV05, SMBJ12CA
- Used in data and signal lines
- Used for clamping in low-energy circuits
- Used in telecommunication Equipment
- Employed in microprocessor and MOS memory
- Employed in AC/DC power lines
That was all about the Introduction to P6KE200A. If you have any questions, you can ask me in the section below, I’d love to help you the best way I can. Feel free to share your suggestions around the content we share so we keep sharing valuable content customized to your exact needs and requirements. Thank you for reading the article.