Hello Friends! I aspire you a very happy life. Whenever you come over and visit our site, we feel happy to keep you updated with relevant information that can help resolve your questions and queries. Most of the hobbyist and students take interest in electronic devices and components that are the building blocks of electronic projects. Today, I am going to uncover the details on the Introduction to DG408. It is a multiplexer, also known as data selector, that comes with 8 channel input, in which of one the eight inputs is connected to the common output for the transmission of data over network in a specific bandwidth and time. It is an ideal choice for audio signal routing and single supply system. I'll discuss each and everything related to this multiplexer so you don't need to go anywhere and find all information in one place. Let's dive in and explore what is this about and what are its main applications?
Introduction to DG408
- DG408 is a multiplexer, also called as data selector, that comes with 8 channel input, in which of one the eight inputs is connected to the common output for the transmission of data over network in a specific bandwidth and time.
- Multiplexing helps in the transmission of individual data using same transmission channel.
- DG408 allows to communicate with number of input signals and picks one of the input signals as an output signal. It is very helpful in the making of graphics controllers and CPUs (digital semiconductors).
- It is embedded with an array of 8 Analog switches that are equally matched for bidirectional signals, Enable input for device selection, Voltage reference for logic threshold, Compatible digital decode circuit for channel selection.
- Low power dissipation is an important feature of this device that makes it efficient and suitable for remote instrumentation and battery operated applications.
- Additional improvements has been added in the device using silicon-gate CMOS process that allows it to withstand absolute maximum ratings up to 44 V.
- A multiplexer is also referred as multiple input, single output device that allows to incorporate with number of signals at a time.
- It comes with a guaranteed matching between channels (8Ω Max) and allows to conduct in both direction equally well.
- This is a low on-resistance device that offers guaranteed low charge injection and comes with low input off leakage current around 5nA.
- The voltage range on which this device can operate is 5 V to 30 V with single supply and 5 V to 20 V with dual supplies.
- One important feature that makes this device ahead from its counterparts is using single channel for each data source instead of using separate channel for each data source.
- It is achieved by connecting single output of the multiplexer to the single input to the demultiplexer. In terms of cost, this feature is very valuable and economical because it refrains us from spending more money for separate channel for each data source.
- Most of the time, multiplexer is connected with demultiplexer into a single unit which is referred as multiplexer. Both ends of the transmission link require both circuit elements because transmission is required in both direction for most of the communication system.
DG408 Pinout[dt_gap height="10" /]Following figure shows the pinout of this multiplexer DG408.
- The eight analog switches, shown in the figure above, are bilateral, that can be equally matched for AC signals.
- The on-resistance variation is very low that is associated with analog signals over a 5V range.
- Enable input is used for device selection and digital decode circuit is used for channel selection.
- Voltage reference is used for logic threshold.
Features of DG408[dt_gap height="10" /]
- Pin-Compatible Plug-In Upgrades for Industry Standard DG408
- Matching Between Channels is assured, 8Ω Max
- On-Resistance Flatness is guarantted, 9Ω Max
- Low Charge Injection is guarantted, 15pC Max
- Low On-Resistance, 100Ω Max
- Input Leakage, 5nA Max at +85°C
- ESD Protection >2000V per Method 3015.7
- Low Power Consumption, 1.25mW Max
- Rail-to-Rail Signal Handling
- Digital Input Controls TTL/CMOS Compatible
Absolute Maximum Ratings[dt_gap height="10" /]Following figure shows the absolute maximum ratings of DG408
- It is important to note that singles will be restricted by internal diodes if they try to exceed from V+ and V- values.
- All terminals can be soldered to circuit board.
Truth Table[dt_gap height="10" /]Following figure shows the truth table of DG408.
- Truth table shows the value of Boolean variable for each switch status.
- There are total 8 inputs across which we can obtain output that resonates with the value of one the Boolean variables.
- This truth table is important in depicting the status of On switch for input value.
Advantages of DG408[dt_gap height="10" /]This multiplexer comes with a number of advantages including:
- Reduced Glitching
- Reduced switching errors
- Improved data throughout
- Low power consumption
- Low power dissipation
- Wide supply range
- Increased ruggedness
Applications[dt_gap height="10" /]This multiplexer is widely used in number of applications, specially where transmission of data is required. Some of the main applications are given as follow:
- Data acquisition systems
- Single supply systems
- Audio signal routing
- ATE systems
- Medical instrumentation
- Sample and hold circuits
- Battery powered systems
- Remote instrumentation
- Test equipment
- Analog Selector Switch
- Guidance and control system