Hello Everyone! I welcome you on board. Hope you’re well today. In this post today, I’ll detail the Introduction to FR106.The Fr106 is a fast recovery diode
mainly employed in fast switching applications. It supports loads under 1A and carries a peak inverse voltage of 800 V.I suggest you read this post all the way through as I’ll walk you through the complete Introduction to FR106 covering datasheet, pinout, features, characteristics, and applications.Let’s jump right in.
Introduction to FR106
- Fr106 is commonly known as a fast recovery diode mainly employed in fast switching applications. This is a two-terminal device named anode and cathode.
- The gray-colored band at one side of the diode indicates the cathode side while the other side is anode terminal.
- FR106 is a highly efficient and reliable device. Plus, it carries a low forward drop voltage. It’s a high current capability device that weighs 0.35 grams.
- The diode conducts in one direction only i.e. from anode to cathode in forward biased condition and it doesn’t support the flow of current in opposite direction in reverse biased condition.
- When diode conducting in forward biased condition switches to reverse condition… it, for a split second, favors the flow of current due to its forward biased condition. This is called the diode reverse recovery time which is termed as the time required for the diode to regain its blocking ability in the reverse biased condition.
- The reverse recovery time, in this case, is 250 ns.
Before you employ this component in your project, it’s wise to scan through the datasheet of the component that highlights the main characteristics of the component.You can download the datasheet of FR106 by clicking the link below.
The following figure represents the pinout diagram of FR106.
- FR106 comes with two pins called anode and cathode. These pins are also named as terminals that are used for external connection with the electrical circuit.
- The anode pin is positive and is the area from where current enters the diode while the cathode pin is negative and is the place from where current leaves the diode.
- The current moves in one direction only in the diode i.e. from the anode terminal to the cathode terminal.
- The following figure shows the electrical symbol of FR106.
The line on the triangle represents the cathode terminal while the anode side is the anode terminal.
- Package = DO-41
- Used for fast switching applications
- Carries low forward voltage drop and highly efficient
- Comes with high Reliability and low Leakage
- High current capability device
- Weight = 0.35 grams
- Polarity = Cathode band
- Reverse recovery time = 250 ns
- Forward Voltage Drop per element at 1.0A DC Max = 1.3 V
- Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage Max. = 800 V
- Average Forward Output Current Max. = 1 A
- Typical Junction Capacitance = 15 pF
- Storage and Operating Temperature Range = -65 to 150 °C
- Supports loads under 1A.
- Mixing signals.
- Used in fast switching applications.
- Controlling the size of a signal.
- Isolating signals from a supply.
That’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed this article. If you’re unsure or have any questions, you can pop your comment in the section below. I’d love to help you the best way I can. Feel free to share your valuable suggestions and feedback, they help us create quality content. Thank you for reading the article.