Hello Everyone! Hope you’re well today. Happy to see you around. In this post today, I’ll walk you through the Introduction to FR107.
Fr107 is a fast recovery diode mainly used for converting alternating current to direct current. It can support loads under 1A and carries a peak inverse voltage of 1,000 V.
Read this post all the way through as I’ll detail the complete Introduction to FR107 covering datasheet, pinout, features, characteristics, and applications.
Let’s get started.
Introduction to FR107
- Fr107 is a fast recovery diode mainly used in fast switching applications. It comes with two terminals called anode and cathode. The grey colored band identifies the cathode side while the other side is the anode.
- A high efficient and reliable device, FR107 comes with a low forward drop voltage. It’s a high current capability device that weighs 0.33grams.
The diode conducts in forward biased condition and blocks the current in reverse biased condition. When the diode steps into the reverse biased condition from the forward biased condition, it supports the flow of current for a few nanoseconds. The diode reverse recovery time is defined as the time taken by the diode to regain its blocking capability in the reverse biased condition where it doesn’t support the flow of current. The reverse recovery time of this diode is 500ns.
Before you apply this component in your electrical project, it’s better to go through the datasheet of the component that details the main characteristics of the component.
Click the link given below and download the datasheet of FR107.
The following figure shows the pinout diagram of FR107.
- This tiny component is composed of two terminals named anode and cathode terminal. The anode pin is positive and the cathode pin is negative. The current enters the diode from the anode pin and it leaves the diode from the cathode pin. Moreover, current flows from the anode pin to the cathode pin.
- The cathode pin can be identified with the grey colored band on it. And the other side is called the anode.
- The following figure shows the electrical symbol of the FR107.
- The triangle side with the line is called the cathode while the other side is the anode.
- Package = DO-41
- Low forward voltage drop
- Used for fast switching applications
- Highly efficient
- Comes with high Reliability and low Leakage
- High current capability device
- Weight = 0.33 grams
- Polarity = Cathode band
- Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage Max. = 1000 V
- Reverse recovery time = 500 ns
- Typical Junction Capacitance = 15 pF
- Average Forward Output Current Max. = 1 A
- Forward Voltage Drop per element at 1.0A DC Max = 1.3 V
- Operating and Storage Temperature Range = -65 to 150 °C
- Used in fast switching applications.
- Supports loads under 1A.
- Mixing signals.
- Isolating signals from a supply.
- Controlling the size of a signal.
That’s all for today. I hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, you can approach me in the section below. I’d love to help you the best way I can. Feel free to share your valuable suggestions around the content we share so we keep producing quality content customized to your exact needs and requirements. Thank you for reading the article.