Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to share my knowledge about Introduction to 2N3906. It is most common Positive Negative Positive (PNP) Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) available in the market now a days.
2N 3906 is specially designed for low power amplification purposes as well as for switching purposes. 2N 3906 is designed for low current, power and for medium voltages. It is capable of operating at moderately high speeds. The range of its collector current is form 10uA to 100mA. Further detail about 2N-3906 will be given later in this tutorial.
- You should download 2n3906 Datasheet by clicking below button:
Introduction to 2N3906
2N3906 is a PNP (Positive Negative Positive) BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor). The basic purpose of its design is to use it for switching applications and for general purpose amplification. It can operate at low currents, low power and medium voltages. 2N-3906 real life applications include television, home appliances, small load switch transistor having high gain, general purpose amplifiers etc. 2N 3906 is shown in the figure below.
1. 2N3906 Pinout
- 2N-3906 has three pins in total i.e. emitter, base and collector.
- All of the three pins along with their symbol are given in the table shown below.
2. 2N3906 Pins Configuration
- A properly labeled pin diagram of any device results in better standing of the user.
- I have made a completely labeled diagram of 2N-3906 diode along with its animation.
- The complete pinout diagram along with animation, symbolic representation and the real image of 2N 3906 is shown in the figure below.
3. 2N3906 Packages
- 2N 3906 has two different type of packages 2N3906, 2N3906G, 2N3906RL1 and 2N 3906RLRAG.
- Both of theses packages along with their dimensions and part number are given in the table shown below.
4. 2N3906 Schematic
- The schematic diagram of a device helps us to understand its internal functionality.
- I have provided the labeled schematic diagram of 2N3906 as shown in the figure below.
5. 2N3906 Ratings
- The current, voltage and power ratings of any device shows its power requirement i.e. how much amount of current and voltage is sufficient for its operation.
- I have provided 2N-3906 current, power and voltage ratings in the table shown below.
6. 2N3906 Applications
- 2N3906 has a wide range of real life applications, a few of which are given below.
- Small load switch transistor with high gain and low saturation voltage.
- Suitable with television.
- Good for the home appliances.
- General purpose amplifiers.
- Switching applications.
So, thats all from the tutorial Introduction to 2N3906. I hope you enjoyed this amazing tutorial. If you have any kind of problem, you can ask me in comments, any time you want, without even feeling a bit of hesitation. I will try me level best to sort out your issues in a better way, if possible. Our team is also 24/7 available to help you out. I will explore further IC’s and diodes in my upcoming tutorial and will share them with you as well for sure. So, till then, Take Care 🙂