Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to share my knowledge about Introduction to 74HC245. 74HC 245 is a eight (8) bit transceiver. It has three (3) output states. 74HC-245 is designed for a-synchronous transfer of data between different data buses. The external timing requirement can be reduced by the implementation of control function. You should also have a look at Introduction to 74HC595.
There are two internal amplifiers in 74HS 245. They are named as A and B. Data is transferred from A amplifier to B amplifier and vice versa. Hence two way communication is done in 74HC-245. This communication depends upon the logic level on the direction control input (DIR). Out enable pin (OE) is used to enable and disable the device depending upon the requirements of the task. 74HC-245 has several amazing features e.g. low input current, large input voltage ranges, low power consumption etc. A lot of real life applications are associated with 74HC-245, a few of which are servers, electronic points of sale, telecom infrastructures, network switches, personal computers, notebooks, wearable health devices etc. The further detail about 74HC-245 will be given later in this article.
Introduction to 74HC245
74HC245 is basically and 8-bit transceiver. It has 3 output states. The data can be transferred in both directions depending upon the logic level at direction control (DIR). You can enable and disable the device from the output enable (OE) pin. low power consumption, wide voltage range, low input current are the major features associated with 74HC-245. 74HC 245 is mostly used in personal computers, servers, wearable health devices, fitness devices, network switches, electronic points of sale etc. 74HC 245 is shown in the figure given below.
1. 74HC245 Pins
- There are total twenty (20) pins in 74HC 245 having different and unique functions.
- All the 20 pins are given in the table shown below.
2. 74HC245 Pin Description
- Each pin of 74HC 245 performs different function.
- The description of each function is given in the table shown below.
3. 74HC245 Pinout
- With the help of pinout diagram, we can get familiar with the configuration of the pins of the particular device.
- 74HC-245 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. 74HC245 Functional Diagram
- Functional diagram presents the internal functionality of a device.
- 74HC-245 functional block diagram is shown in the figure below.
5. 74HC245 Ratings
- To understand the power requirements of a device me must need to know its rating information.
- 74HC 245 power, voltage and current ratings are given in the table shown below.
6. 74HC245 Features
- Features of anything play a vital role to differentiate this thing from all the other things.
- They may be good or bad, in terms of electronics features deal with the benefits of that device in real life.
- 74HC-245 has a lot of features, a few of the major features are listed in the table given below.
In the tutorial, Introduction to 74HC245, I have tried my best to cover and share all the necessary information about this particular Integrated Circuit (IC). This information include pins info, pins description, pinout diagram, functional diagram, features, ratings etc. These all are very important to know before using this device for any of the purpose. If you find that there is something missing in it. Please let me know about that. I will update this article correspondingly for the better understanding of the reader. And if you have any sort of problem you can freely ask us in comments anytime you want to. Our team is always available and will try our best to solve your issues. I will share further informative articles about different such IC’s later. So, till then take care 🙂