Introduction to TIP127
- The TIP127 is a PNP type Darlington pair transistor. It is manufactured for universal drive amplifications and less velocity swapping submissions.
- It works similar to standard PNP transistor, then as it consists of a Darlington pair it takes collector current of around five amperes and a gain of near 1000.
- It has ability to endure around 100 volts at its collector Emitter terminals henceforth it used to run high current consuming loads.
- It has two limits on the power management aptitude of a transistor first one is normal intersection temperature and second one failure.
- If you are noticing for a PNP transistor for your amplifier electric circuit then TIP127 could be your brilliant choice or to alteration stylish current loads larger than 2A.
Pinout of TIP127
- These are the main pinout of TIP127.Let's see a diagram of the pinout.
Pin# Type Parameters Pin#1 Emitter Current creates out by the emitter, it is characteristically linked to ground. Pin#2 Base It accomplishes the biasing of the transistor and works to turn ON or OFF the transistor. Pin#3 Collector Current movements in over collector, classically linked to load
Features of TIP127
- These are some important of TIP127. It is a PNP transistor.
- The voltage at (C-E) terminals is a minus hundred (-100) volts.
- The voltage it uses at (C-E) is minus (100) volts.
- The voltage at emitter and base is minus five (-5) volts Emitter-Base Voltage:
- It uses current at collector is minus five (-5) amperes.
- The power dissipation at the collector terminal is sixty-five (65) watts.
- Its is Gain thousand (1000).
- Its Working and Storing Intersection Temperature Range is from minus sixty-five to plus one fifty Celsius(-65 to +150 °C).
- It offered in TO-220 casing.
Ratings of TIP127
|These are the voltage across collector and base.|
|VCEO||-60 Volts||These are the voltage around collector and emitter.|
|VEBO||-5 Volts||These are the voltage around emitter and base.|
|IC||-5 amper||It is the current at collector which is dc.|
|ICP||-8 Amper||It is the pulse of collector current.|
It is the current at the base.
|Pc||65 Watts||It is the power dissipation at Collector (TC=25°C).|
|It is the Junction Temperature.|
Electrical Characteristic of TIP127
|It is the Collector and Emitter Supporting Voltage|
|ICEO||-2 milliampere||It is the Collector Cut off Current.|
|VCBO||-1 milliampere||It is the value of Collector Cut off Current.|
|IEBO||-2 milliampere||It is the value of Emitter Cut off Current.|
|hFE||1000||It is the value of Current Gain.|
These are the Collector and Emitter Saturation Voltage.
|VBE||-2.5 volts||It is the value of Base and Emitter On Voltage|
|This is the output capacitance.|
Applications of TIP127These are some important applications of TIP127 which are described below with detail description.
- It is used to run higher current devices such as loads which work on up to the five amperes.
- It works as the switch which consumes intermediate power during its working.
- It used in such circuits where higher amplification is required.
- It also used to in motors circuits to control their speeds.
- It also used in Inverter circuits and other rectifier circuits.