Hello friends, hope you all are fine and having fun with your lives. Today, I am going to share a new exciting post on Send SMS with SIM900D in Proteus ISIS. In my previous post, I have shared the new GSM Library for Proteus, which is the first ever designed library for Proteus, and I am quite excited while sharing its features. So, today, we will use this GSM Lirbary for Proteus and we are gonna send sms with Sim900D module available in that library. We are gonna design this whole project in Proteus ISIS.
If you wanna implement it on hardware then you must have a look at Send SMS with SIM900D module with Arduino which is designed in real hardware but today we are gonna just do the simulation part. Iam not gonna use any Microcontroller today. Instead I will just send the AT commands through virtual Terminal and we will make it work.So, let's get started with Send SMSM with Sim900D in Proteus ISIS.
Send SMS with SIM900D in Proteus ISIS
- First of all, I assume that you have already installed the GSM Library for Proteus. If you haven't then first intall it because without this library you can't use GSM module in Proteus ISIS.
- Next thing you need to do is to design a circuit as shown in the below figure:
- Now we need to run the simulation, so run it and in your virtual terminal, send these commands as shown in below figure:
- The first AT command is for testing our GSM module and as it has given OK in reply so it means its working correctly.
- The second command AT+CMGF=1 is for converting our GSM module to text messages, which it has accepted correctly and has given us OK in reply.
- Now we are ready to send our SMS.
- So, in order to do that we have to send it the command, as shown in below figure:
- Now you can see, when I have given it the command which is AT+CMGS="+923326062060" , it has accepted it and replied back with this sign ">" , now the GSM module is actually asking for the message body.
- So, let me write some text and then when I enter the Cntrl+Z command then it will send the message as shown in below figure:
- So, I have given it the text of my blog link and then when I entered Cntrl+Z then it has sent the SMS and replied me back with +CMGS: 01 means its the first SMS sent from this GSM module.
- So, that's how you can send any nmber of messages as you want from this module.
- AS its a simulation, so obviously you are not gonna get the actual message on your mobile number but you can use it for testing your codes.
- In the next post, I am gonna hopefully implement it using Arduino board or PIC Microcontroller.